The most popular destinations for luxurious getaways on the 4th of July have plenty of sun, sand, upscale accommodations and plenty of ways busy executives can relax and spend time with family and friends.
Here are some places for elite, private jet fliers to consider when looking for a place to kick back and celebrate the nation’s birthday. FlyUSA can arrange a private jet charter into any of the beautiful Caribbean islands or anywhere else you want to travel.
The Bahama islands, an archipelago of some 700 islands and cays, are among the most favored Caribbean destinations of wealthy travelers. Fly into these popular cities:
Nassau, the capitol and the largest city in the Bahamas, is only 53 miles from Miami, a short hop on a chartered jet. It’s not as sleepy as other popular places in the Bahamas but it’s perfect for those looking for more excitement and a lively nightlife. Fly into Nassau International Airport.
For breathtaking beauty and seclusion, fly into North Eleuthera Airport to get to Spanish Wells on St. George’s Cay and nearby Harbour Island. Spanish Wells has powdery white sand beaches and clear turquoise waters where you can snorkel and dive to see shipwrecks off the coast. It’s a great place to wind down and relax. You’ll feel as if you’re in a New England fishing village. Harbour Island, known for the serenity of its 3-mile stretch of pristine pink sand beaches, is also home to the chic Dunmore Town, the streets of which are lined with brightly colored houses.
Antigua & Barbuda
The twin island Caribbean destination known as the location of Sailing Week, a premiere event that draws sailors from all over the world, has an expansive, winding coastline dotted with 365 secluded and public, powdery soft sand beaches. Coral reefs off Antigua provide great snorkeling and scuba adventures. It would be a serene destination for hanging out with family and friends. Fly into V.C. Bird International Airport. In 2021, the sister Island Barbuda was named as the 7th best beach vacation destination in the world, boasting its infamous pink sand beaches and world class restaurants and local cuisines.
British Virgin Islands
Think British Virgin Islands — a volcanic archipelago of 60 islands about 16 of which are inhabited – and think wealth. Rightly so. The BVI has always been a favorite destination of the rich and famous, many of whom have their super yachts docked at the marina. The most famous of the BVI may be Neckers Island, the 74-acre paradise owned by Richard Branson where, yes, you can stay. Rent the whole island — $42,000 a night — or a single villa. What a great place to wind down on vacation. The biggest and most populous of the British Virgin Islands is the lush and mountainous Tortola that has a coastline dotted with quiet bays and powder-white beaches. Fly into Beef Island Airport on Tortola.
The Cayman Islands
The Cayman Islands, a three-island British Overseas Territory, are among the most popular travel destinations of the wealthiest travelers, according to a report by Resonance Consultancy. Its gorgeous coral sand beaches and crystal-clear Caribbean waters as well as its fabulous resorts and its glamorous amenities make it a favorite of private jet travelers. Fly into one of its two commercial airports or Little Cayman Airfield.
Although not in the Caribbean, the Hamptons, located on the eastern tip of Long Island, has many of the same amenities — white sand beaches and many upscale restaurants, bars, luxurious boutique hotels and upscale shopping. It is one of the top playgrounds of the rich and famous who are looking for a place to relax and unwind. Flying by private charter jet into the Hamptons provides a relaxing escape and is perfect for those who would like to get in a round or two of golf. FlyUSA can arrange a charter jet into East Hampton or West Hampton airports.
Clearwater Beach, often at or near the top of “Best Beaches in the U.S” lists, is on a narrow, barrier island 3 miles off the city of Clearwater. A sweeping, scenic bridge over Clearwater Harbor connects the beach to the city. The cool thing about Clearwater is its many luxury hotels, upscale restaurants – for some of the best seafood anywhere – and dramatic sunsets. For the ultimate in luxury accommodations, check out the Opal Sands, the Sand pearl Resort and the Hyatt Regency Hotel. The Sea-Guini Restaurant at the Opal Sands is known for its locally-caught seafood, beautiful views – and best martinis on the beach. Caretta on the Gulf, located at the Sand pearl Resort, has an extensive sushi menu along with its steaks and fresh fish. There are many rooftop bars that have stunning views. Check out Jimmy’s on the Edge, the largest one; Jimmy’s Crow Nest for an intimate gathering; Marina Cantina for Mexican fare, margaritas and a serene feel. Fly into Clearwater-St. Pete Airport or Tampa International.
If you find yourself in Dallas over the 4th of July, remember there is more to the northeastern Texas city – and its swanky suburbs — than barbecue and cowboys. Busy executives, who just want to relax with a cocktail and a bite to eat after flying into Dallas on a private charter jet, can look out over the city at the Tower Club in Santander Tower or go underground to the swanky Bourbon and Banter lounge at the Statler Hotel. Top-rated restaurants for hanging out with family and friends include Pappas Brothers Steakhouse, which has a 3,500-bottle wine list; and Uchi Dallas, which has sushi and fish flown in daily from Tokyo. For those too busy in their workaday life to ever find time to hear live music, a vacation in Dallas gives you the chance to do so. Check out the Rattlesnake Bar in the Ritz Carlton. Fly into Dallas Fort Worth or Dallas Love Field.
If you are traveling to San Francisco for the 4th of July, take time from your busy schedule to visit some of San Francisco’s most popular hangouts. Treat yourself to the tasting menu at Saison, winner of three Michelin stars and adored by Bay area elite. For after-dinner drinks or to get together with friends, check out the award-winning Smuggler’s Cove.
Final, a homey sports bar and watering hole, is the place to go to watch games — often next to celebrities and professional athletes — on its dozen giant-screen TVs. San Francisco has a big celebration on the 4th of July down on its famous Pier 39. Fly into San Francisco International.
New York City
Everybody loves to get away to New York City. It’s at or near the top of elite-travelers’ vacation lists. The rest-and-relaxation opportunities are endless in New York City. Check into a swanky Manhattan hotel and, from there, you can go see a play on Broadway, shop the day away, visit its many museums or just relax at the spa in your hotel. Get a respite from the hustle and bustle of Manhattan with a stroll through Central Park, which is so vast, you can always find a quiet spot to gather your thoughts or your friends. The Ritz-Carlton and the Baccarat hotels are super luxurious lodgings near Central Park. Grab a bite to eat in the Broadway theater district at one of its many upscale steakhouse chains or the Gabriel Kreuther Restaurant, which serves Alsatian-inspired fare and has won more awards that you can count. Fly into Teterboro Airport in the New Jersey Meadowlands.
Recommended private jets for 4th of July getaways
- With an average range of 1,700 miles, turboprops are great for short-haul routes.
- Pilatus PC-12 is one of the most popular turboprops. It has a range of 1,834 miles and seats 6-8.
- King Air 200 has a 16.5-foot cabin, seats 8 and has a range of 1,580 miles.
- King Air 350i is a spacious turboprop with ample luggage room. It seats 8 and has a range of 2,078 miles.
- Ultra-light jets, with an average range of 1,200 miles, are also perfect for short-haul flights.=
- Phenom 100 is a popular ultra-light jet that has a range of 1,053 miles and seats 4-5.
- Eclipse 550 seats 3-4 and has a flight range of 1,295 miles.
- Citation Mustang seats 4-5 and has a range of 1,381 miles.
- Light jets have an average range of 2,000 miles.
- Cessna Citation V Ultra is one of the best-selling business jets. It has great take-off and landing performance. The Citation V Ultra has a range of 1,780 miles and seats 7 or 8.
- Phenom 300 has a maximum range of 2,268 miles and a maximum speed of 521 mph. The cabin height is 4-feet, 10 inches. It is ideal for 6 passengers but can seat 7.
- Learjet 70 is similar to the Phenom 300 in size and passenger capacity — 6 or 7. It can fly 2,371 miles at a maximum speed of 534 mph.
- Midsize jets have 2,000-mile to 3,000-mile flying range.
- Citation Excel XLS has the short-airfield capabilities of a super light jet, making it one of the most popular midsize jets. It has a range of 1,800 miles and seating for 8 or 9.
- Learjet 60 is among the fastest midsize jets with seating for up to 8 passengers. It is comfortable and has a range of 2,783 miles.
- Gulfstream G-150 has one of the longest ranges of all midsize jets with a maximum range of 3,400 miles. Its spacious interior comfortably seats up to 9 passengers.
- Super-midsize jets, with an average range of 3,500 miles, are for long-haul flights or people who want luxurious, super roomy cabins.
- Citation X is a super-midsize that is not only fast but also has a luxury cabin, a large cargo area and even a ski tube for sporting gear (like golf clubs). Depending on its configuration, it can carry 8 to 12 passengers up to 3,700 miles.
- Citation Latitude is a super-midsize with a range of 3,107 miles. It seats 8-9.
- Challenger 300 is a super-midsize aircraft with a flying range of 3,660 miles. With one of the largest cabins in its class, it seats 6 to 8 passengers.
- Large cabin jets, with ranges of 4,000 to 7,000 miles, are for elite charter jet travelers who are looking for the largest, most luxurious aircraft.
- Gulfstream G-450 offers ultimate luxury in the sky with a spacious cabin and a range of 5,000 miles. It can carry up to 14 passengers.
- Gulfstream GIV is the ideal long-range luxury jet. It seats 12 to 16 and has a range of 4,220 miles.
- Legacy 500 has a range of 3,395 miles and can carry up to 12 passengers.
FlyUSA will arrange a charter jet to your 4th of July destination
Whether celebrating the 4th of July relaxing on a beautiful, quiet beach or under a star-filled sky, you can depend on FlyUSA to arrange a private charter jet customized to all your wants and needs. With access to more than 7,000 jets that can take you to more than 20,000 destinations, FlyUSA’s private charter jet experts will make your 4th of July trip perfect.