The U.S. Open is back at The Country Club in Brookline for the fourth time — and the first time in 34 years. The Open will be held June 13-19 at The Country Club, which is located 7 miles southwest of downtown Boston. If you are going to the second of golf’s four majors, FlyUSA can arrange a charter jet to get you there in the same style and luxury the players and elite fans enjoy.
Some 175,000 people are expected at The Country Club for the 2022 U.S. Open. The Country Club had previously hosted the event in 1988, 1963 and 1913. Practice Rounds will be held June 13-15 with Championship Rounds to follow June 16-19. The format is 72 rounds of stroke play with a cut after 36 holes. This year’s purse is $12.5 million.
The U.S. Open, the second of the four majors — the Masters, the U.S. Open, the (British) Open and the PGA Championship – is considered the biggest event, and, perhaps the most difficult, in all of golf.
Run by the United States Golf Association, cup placement is done to make it difficult for golfers to get under par. Most years, sectional play determines about half of the 156-player field. The rest of the slots are taken by golfers automatically entered based on past wins or their position in the Official World Golf Ranking.
The Country Club is located at 191 Clyde St, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467.
Best private jets to take to the U.S. Open
The type of aircraft required depends on the number of passengers, the trip distance, the runway length that is needed and, of course, your budget. FlyUSA’s aviation experts, who are available 24/7/365, will help arrange a private charter to the U.S. Open that is custom-designed to your unique needs and wants. Here are some of the 7,000 jets that are available to charter for your trip to the U.S. Open.
As a point of reference, all recommended jets exceed the flight range of the 2,041-mile flight as far from San Antonio, TX to Boston, MA.
These light jets have 2,000-mile to 2,371-mile flying ranges.
- Phenom 300 has a maximum range of 2,268 miles and a maximum speed of 521 mph. The cabin height is 4-feet, 10 inches. It is ideal for 6 passengers but can seat 7.
- Learjet 70 is similar to the Phenom 300 in size, 17 feet, 8 inches long, and a passenger capacity of 6 or 7. It can fly 2,371 miles at a maximum speed of 534 mph.
- Citation SII, a light corporate jet made by Cessna, can carry 8 passengers up to 2,300 miles. It has a cabin height of 4 feet, 10 inches.
Most midsize jets have 2,000-mile to 3,000-mile flying ranges although many can fly farther.
- Learjet 60 is among the fastest midsize jets with seating for up to eight passengers with luggage. It is comfortable and has a range of 2,783 miles.
- Hawker 800XP is one of the most popular styles of midsize jets complete. With its premium interior and a range of 2,923 miles, it would be perfect for that flight to the U.S. Open.
- Gulfstream G-150 has one of the longest ranges of all midsize jets with a maximum range of 3,400 miles. Its spacious interior comfortably seats up to 9 passengers.
Super midsize jets
Super midsize jets can easily make the trip. Even though their ranges are more than what is needed to get from Florida and Texas to Boston, their roominess and cabins tall enough to walk in make them a popular option.
- Challenger 350 is a super-midsize aircraft with a flying range of 3,660 miles. With one of the largest cabins in its class (including a 6-foot ceiling height), it is the perfect jet for 6 or 8 passengers headed to the U.S. Open.
- Citation X is a super-midsize for up to eight passengers that is not only fast but also has a luxury cabin, a large cargo area and even a ski tube for sporting gear (like golf clubs). Depending on its configuration, it can carry 8 to 12 passengers up to 3,700 miles.
- Falcon 50 is a French super-midsize, long-range business jet with a range of 3,430 miles and can carry up to 9 passengers.
Large cabin jets can have ranges of more than 7,000 miles so any of them will easily make the flight – or any other city in Florida and Texas — to Boston. These jets are for elite charter jet travelers who are looking for the largest, most luxurious aircraft.
- Gulfstream G-450 offers ultimate luxury in the sky with a spacious cabin and an impressive range of 5,000 miles or about eight flying hours. The Gulfstream, which carries up to 14 passengers, comes equipped with the luxurious amenities that make all domestic and international flights comfortable and convenient.
- Gulfstream GIV is the ideal long-range luxury jet built for performance. With the ability to seat 12 to 16, this is the perfect choice for taking a group to the U.S. Open. It has a range of 4,220 miles.
- Legacy 500 has a range of 3,395 miles and can carry up to 12 passengers. The 6-foot cabin height allows for comfortable movement around the cabin.
Where to land, stay and eat at the U.S. Open
Land at Hanscom Field (KBED)
Located in Bedford, on the 55-mile Boston I-95 beltway that has been nicknamed “America’s Technology Highway,” Hanscom Field is the largest general aviation airport in the region and is a modern, state-of-the-art airport that can handle any size private and corporate business jets of all sizes. It is a favorite of A-list private jet travelers who want to avoid the crowds at Logan International Airport. It is located 18 miles northwest of The Country Club. Driving distance is about 35 minutes.
Hotel near Hanscom Field
The Westin Waltham Boston
70 Third Ave, Waltham, MA 02451
Traditional quarters along I-95 in a business hotel with event facilities, an indoor pool & a restaurant.
Restaurants near Hanscom Field
Sahel Restaurant and Lounge
135 Central St., Lowell, MA 01852
Fine dining traditional culinary African and Caribbean cuisines with some Cameroonian-influenced alternatives.
The Hangar Café
103 Hartwell Ave. Lexington, MA 02421
A breakfast and brunch favorite.
W XYZ Bar
727 Marrett Road, Lexington, MA 02421
Tapas, small plates, cocktail bar
Land at Logan International Airport (KBOS)
Boston Logan International Airport, located in East Boston near the north entrance to Boston Harbor, is the largest commercial airport in Massachusetts and the largest general aviation airport in Massachusetts. It services private jets of all sizes. It is located 12 miles northeast of The Country Club. Driving distance is about 33 minutes.
Hotels near Logan International and the U.S. Open
500 Commonwealth Ave, Boston, MA 02215
Luxury hotel with restaurant, near Boston University
2 miles from Brookline.
Four Seasons Hotel
One Dalton Street, Boston, MA, 02115
Luxury hotel with spa, near Newbury Street.
2.5 miles from Brookline.
Mandarin Oriental Boston
776 Boylston St, Boston, MA, 02199
Luxury hotel with full-service spa, connected to a shopping center, near Newbury Street.
2.7 miles from Brookline.
Restaurants near Logan International and the U.S. Open
Maestro’s Ocean Club
25 Fan Pier Blvd., Boston, MA 02210
Fine dining steak and seafood with a beautiful view of Boston Harbor.
182 Sumner St., Boston, MA 02128
Italian favorites in a warm, cozy environment with traditional accents and a full bar.
354 Congress St., Boston, MA 02210
Modern French restaurant that gets rave reviews.
Land at Beverly Regional Airport (KBVY)
Located in the heart of Boston’s North Shore, 14 miles from downtown Boston, Beverly Municipal Airport sits away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Famous for its coastline, the North Shore has an abundance of white sand public beaches. Beverly Regional Airport is general aviation/reliever airport that can accommodate a range of aircraft including large corporate jets. It is located 30 miles northeast of The Country Club. Driving distance is about an hour.
Hotels near Beverly Regional Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore
50 Ferncroft Road, Danvers, MA 01923
Classic rooms with free WiFi; adjacent to a water park, plus an indoor pool and all-day dining.
Holiday Inn & Suites Boston-Peabody, an IHG Hotel
1 Newbury St., Peabody, MA 01960
Warm rooms and suites in an informal setting with an Italian restaurant, gym and indoor pool.
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Danvers
275 Independence Way, Danvers, MA 01923
Has a restaurant, pool and beach access.
Restaurants near Beverly Regional Airport
La Fina Restaurant
27 Main St., Andover, MA 01810
A boutique steakhouse with European and South Beach influences.
9 Elm American Bistro
9 Elm St., Danvers, MA 01923
Upscale-casual option presenting a focused American menu plus wine and dessert in a cozy dining room.
Beverly Depot Restaurant
10 Park St., Beverly, MA 01915
Historic spot for fine dining American fare.
Hotels in Brookline
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Brookline
40 Webster St, Brookline, MA 02446
3 miles north of The Country Club
Minutes from Fenway Park, Harvard Medical School and Boston College
Hilton Garden Inn Boston/Brookline
700 Brookline Ave., Brookline, MA 02446
2.5 miles northeast of The Country Club
The Hilton Garden Inn features an upscale on-site restaurant and bar, Punch Bowl, serving cooked to order breakfast, lunch, dinner and evening room service daily.
Homewood Suites Boston Brookline Longwood Medical
111 Boylston St., Brookline, MA 02445
2.2 miles northeast of The Country Club
Stay at home in one of our spacious suites and enjoy deluxe amenities including a fully-equipped kitchen, complimentary grocery shopping and complimentary breakfast.
FlyUSA will arrange a charter jet to the 122nd U.S. Open
If you want to fly to the U.S. Open in luxury and style without all the hassles of commercial flight, FlyUSA can arrange a private charter jet for you. With access to more than 7,000 jets that can take you to more than 20,000 destinations, FlyUSA’s private charter jet experts can get you to the U.S. Open, golf’s most prestigious tournament.
You’ll see lots of your favorite players, but you won’t see Tiger Woods in 2022. He announced on his Twitter account that he was pulling out of the U.S. Open to give his body more time to heal and get stronger. (He still hopes to play in the 150th Open Championship at St. Andrews in Scotland in July.)
To request a quote or speak with one of our representatives to book your private charter flight to the 122nd U.S. Open, call us at (512) 270-6299.