The type of aircraft required depends on the number of passengers, the trip distance, the runway length that is needed and, of course, your budget. FlyUSA’s aviation experts, who are available 24/7/365, will help arrange a private charter flight custom-designed to your unique needs and wants. Here are some of the 7,000 jets that are available to charter for your trip there.
These light jets have 2,000-mile to 2,371-mile flying ranges.
- Phenom 300 has a maximum range of 2,268 miles and a maximum speed of 521 mph. The cabin height is 4-feet, 10 inches. It is ideal for 6 passengers but can seat 7.
- Learjet 70 is similar to the Phenom 300 in size, 17 feet, 8 inches long, and a passenger capacity of 6 or 7. It can fly 2,371 miles at a maximum speed of 534 mph.
- Citation SII, a light corporate jet made by Cessna, can carry 8 passengers up to 2,300 miles. It has a cabin height of 4 feet, 10 inches.
Most midsize jets have 2,000-mile to 3,000-mile flying ranges although many can fly farther.
- Learjet 60 is among the fastest midsize jets with seating for up to eight passengers with luggage. It is comfortable and has a range of 2,783 miles.
- Hawker 800XP is one of the most popular styles of midsize jets complete. With its premium interior and a range of 2,923 miles, it would be perfect for that flight to a warm Caribbean destination.
- Gulfstream G-150 has one of the longest ranges of all midsize jets with a maximum range of 3,400 miles. Its spacious interior comfortably seats up to 9 passengers.
Super Midsize jets
Super midsize jets can easily make the trip. Even though their ranges are more than what is needed to get you from either coast, their roominess, and cabins tall enough to walk in make them a popular option.
- Challenger 350 is a super-midsize aircraft with a flying range of 3,660 miles. With one of the largest cabins in its class (including a 6-foot ceiling height), it is the perfect jet for 6 or 8 passengers.
- Citation X is a super-midsize for up to eight passengers that is not only fast but also has a luxury cabin, a large cargo area and even a ski tube for sporting gear (like golf clubs). Depending on its configuration, it can carry 8 to 12 passengers up to 3,700 miles.
- Falcon 50 is a French super-midsize, long-range business jet with a range of 3,430 miles and can carry up to 9 passengers.
Options are endless when wanting to get to Aspen thanks to its proximity to four airports—Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE), Eagle County Airport (EGE), Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT) and Rifle Garfield County Airport (RIL). Flying into Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE) is by far the most convenient way to get to Aspen itself.
Land at Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE)
Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE) is just 3.0 miles from the town of Aspen along CO-82 East. It is a county-owned public-use airport in Pitkin County, Colorado, United States. This airport has an elevation of 7,820 feet above sea level. It has one asphalt paved runway with a length of 8,006 feet and the airport facilities gives off a warm welcoming feeling, considering just how cold it can get up there.
Hotel Near Aspen/Pitkin County Airport
Capitol Peak Lodge – 4.5 star
7.0 mi from Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE)
Consider a stay at these luxurious studios, one, two and three-bedroom condominiums are just a snowball’s throw from the Elk Camp Gondola and steps to the Village Express high-speed lift and sky cab. Enjoy the Treehouse Adventure Center, a state-of-the-art children’s activity facility, restaurants, and shops with ski-in/ski-out access to America’s favorite mountain. Amenities include full-service concierge, ski lockers, heated parking garage, high-speed wireless internet, and energy-efficient washer/dryers.
Restaurants Near Aspen/Pitkin County Airport
French Alpine Bistro
400 East Hopkins Ave. Aspen, CO 81611
The Austrian owner has devoted herself to creating an authentic atmosphere of warmth, friendliness, and a sense of belonging. They serve cheese fondue, healthy lunch & dinner options, classic Alpine cuisine: French Onion Soup, Escargots, Steak Tartare and award-winning crepes.
Meat and Cheese
301 East Hopkins Ave, #103, Aspen, CO 81611
Looking for a chic eatery & marketplace for artisanal breads, meats & cheese plus wine, cocktails & beer, then look no further. There are no white tablecloths at Meat & Cheese, instead they have created a space that is aesthetically pleasing with indoor, outdoor and bar seating.
Alternative Airports to get to Aspen
Land at Eagle County Airport (EGE)
Eagle County Airport (EGE) is located 68.5 miles north of Aspen. This drive typically takes just under 1 hour and 30 minutes. The Eagle County Regional Airport gets you directly to the heart of the Colorado Rockies and has been a popular airport with private charters and has one of the top rated fixed-base operators in the country, the Vail Valley Jet Center. In 2008-09, the airport completed a runway repaving and extension project, increasing the runway length to 9,000 feet.
Land at Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT)
Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT) is located 128 miles west of Aspen. This drive typically takes 2 hours and 18 minutes. The airport has an elevation of 4,858 feet and has two asphalt runways, 10,500 feet and 5,500 feet respectively. The WestStar Aviation FBO includes dedicated maintenance hangars, interior, cabinet, and avionics shops, as well as a state-of-the art paint facility.
Land at Rifle Garfield County Airport (RIL)
Rifle Garfield County Airport (RIL) is located 65.5 miles north of Aspen. This drive typically takes 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Additional Hotels and Resorts in Aspen
No matter the reason for your visit, consider one of many personalized/private resorts.
The St. Regis Aspen Resort – 4 star
315 E Dean St, Aspen, CO 81611
The St. Regis Aspen is not a ski-in/ski-out resort, to hop on a lift, you are required to venture into the historic Aspen Village. Nonetheless due to its location at the base of Aspen Mountain between the gondola and lift, The St. Regis Aspen Resort features 179 alpine themed rooms, location unique public spaces (including a working fireplaces) and five dining options and a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa.
The Little Nell – 4 star
675 E Durant Ave, Aspen, CO 81611
This modern ski-in/ski-out resort on Aspen Mountain is at the base of the Silver Queen Gondola and two minute walk from Aspen Art Museum. Very stylish, contemporary rooms and suites come with fireplaces and marble decor bathrooms.
Hotel Jerome, Auberge Resorts Collection – 4.5 star
330 E Main St, Aspen, CO 81611
Hotel Jerome has been the social hub of Aspen since its opening in 1889 at the height of the town’s silver boom, known as the place where all great stories were born and are told. Today, the Hotel Jerome illuminates brighter than ever thanks to its modern style-meets-mountain interior design, stellar service and a multitude of ski-season amenities, namely a few amazing outdoor Jacuzzis for your enjoyment.
If you want to fly to beautiful Aspen in luxury and style no matter the season and without all the hassles of commercial flight, FlyUSA can arrange a private charter jet for you. With access to more than 7,000 aircrafts that can take you to more than 20,000 destinations, FlyUSA’s private charter experts can get you there.
To request a quote or speak with one of our representatives to book your private charter flight to Aspen, call us at (512) 270-6299.